Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Roadboy's 2014

Should Be Exciting


Roadboy consistently avoids making New Years Resolutions. I find them to be a waste of time.

Instead on New Years I bring out a spreadsheet that I've updated for years. I use it as a planning tool to contemplate long-term travel plans. It overlays work and anticipated family milestones with opportunities for travel. I also use it to confirm prior year goals.

The key is to write things down. When I write my goals down, they seem much more likely to become real.

Well, my list is full!

And (with any luck) will stay full till I die!

I still have South America (Brazil, Patagonia, Mendoza, and Iguazu Falls) on my list. I still plan on a 6 month sabbatical to live in Guadalajara Mexico where I will take cooking and Spanish Language immersion classes. There is Machu Picchu awaiting. Across the ocean there is Tahiti, Bora Bora and the South Pacific. I still have a return visit to mainland China on my list. There is an African photo safari in there somewhere. And finally here is a trip to Istanbul and the Greek isles.

As the last few years of my life have been a bit chaotic, some of my goals have moved forward and some unexpected and spontaneous trips have emerged.

This year my daughter has decided to relocate to London for 6 months starting in the Spring. So I'll be using that opportunity to visit the UK. The trip will also allow time for a "roots" tour of Ireland.

Happy New Year!


Roadboy's Travels © 2013

No comments: