Sunday, May 23, 2021

The World Puts out the Welcome Mat!

Around the globe in every place where vaccination rates climb, Covid infection rates fall. 

This has unleashed a level of optimism and exuberance that is both exciting and maybe a little terrifying. I see Americans, desperate to amp up their lives, now hell bent on catching up for a year's worth of lost travel and life in general. I believe travel will see a rubber band effect. In my own household we are booking future travel with vigor. 

Much of the optimism has arrived with every tangible sign of nations reopening. So far they include France, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Bulgaria and much of the Carribean.

This week I received this note in my e-mail from Spain.


As Spain is one of my favorite places to explore, this note felt especially good. And, I wasted no time booking my flights for a trip this fall to explore Northern Spain on two wheels.

So to those who refuse to vaccinate for the common good, I say that is your right, go enjoy the wonderful variety of food, culture and experiences to be found within the borders of our nation.

But, as for me, I look forward to climbing out of the Covid cocoon and enjoying the food, sights and culture found within and beyond the boundaries of the US. 


Roadboy's Travels © 2021


No comments: