Tuesday, September 25, 2018

OMW

Easier Than Ever

Well I'm on my way.  

After a quick flight from Phoenix to Los Angeles, I checked in for my flight from LAX to London Heathrow. 

I had cashed in a bunch of points for business class so it afforded a visit to AA's new Flagship Lounge at LAX.  The Flagship Lounge is placed side by side from the Admirals Club and it is quite a step up. It sort of reminded me of US Airways Envoy Lounge at Philadelphia in its heyday.  There was a wide variety of food and beverage food choices (even a chef cutting filet mignon to taste).

Soon it was time to board and climb into my business class pod (or "condo" as one of my friends calls them). It was a bit compact, but really nicely configured. Enough shelf space for my gear, nice bins, over the ear Bose® noise cancelling headphones, big pillow, ammenity pack from Cole Haan and a big monitor that could be rotated nicely out of view.

My Condo for 11 hours

I had pre-ordered my meal (panko breaded shrimp) and finished it all off with a sundae. The food was served hot and delicious.  The hickory smoked carrots were really nice.

After dinner and binging on about 6 episodes of "Atypical" downloaded from Netflix, it was time to sleep. 

When I awoke there was a quiche for breakfast coupled with a spectacular view of London. 

Breakfast with Views of The London Eye

Customs was smooth using the "FastTrack" voucher issued in business class.  It left me with plenty of time on my hands to collect my bags and make my transfer to Termnal 5 for my British Airways flight to Paris.

Knowing I'd be getting in about 9:00 PM, I just opted to crash at the Hilton you can walk to from CDG Terminal 3.

Tomorrow I will take the RoissyBus Shuttle into Paris Opera and catch an Uber to the home we have rented with friends.

Blue Star is Our House 
Literally in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower

The Living Room

 The Loft
 
Conservatory and Garden

Well it has been a long journey and it is now time to sleep!


Roadboys Travels © 2018
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That house looks wonderful!